Saturday, June 27, 2009

Studiosity and Apathy

Finally after over year of living in this flat have I managed to summon the courage to tackle the dread Spare Room and set up a miniscule studio for myself.
It's astounding how much merely having dedicated space (providing you ignore the unlabelled boxes of anti-treasures stacked high up against the walls) to work with gives you initiative and motivation. Hell I even feel so pumped to start working that I'm even writing about it!
All that remains for the initial phase of this project is for me to figure out an interesting approach for the subject of Letchworth. Great, it's my home town but after the years of misery it's caused me, then growing to be almost fond of the particular brand of quirks the place offers; then swiftly changing opinion when you realise the "quirks" are largely bought about by the freaks, wierdos and twats that roam the streets day and night. The town itself exudes an infectious ennui that engulfs your mind and destroys your soul.
After eighteen months of living outside Letchworth for the first time in my life, a feeling of nostalgia set in, and against my better judgement and reasoning I moved back! Needless to say I've learnt my lesson and the next time I get out of here it's for good. At best? A year.
So those are my thoughts on Letchworth, you're either not hate it or you lo... Oh, I mean you either hate it or you're wholly apathetic towards it. I waver between both myself.
...and on the gaming front: I'm taking a break from TF2 to jump back on the Fallout 3 crackwagon. Very excited about taking the steamer to Point Lookout, I sure hope it's nice there!

No comments:

Post a Comment